Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into a two-year University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme of the Federal University of Technology, Akure. The UABS Programme is designed to prepare candidates for direct entry admission into 200 level undergraduate degree programmes offered by the Federal University of Technology, Akure and other Universities within and outside the country.
During the programme, candidates will be eligible to register for:
- 10-Months Intensive Coaching for Advanced Level Cambridge International Examination.
- 1-Year Coaching for Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Examination.
Candidates should possess five Credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB at not more than two sittings in relevant subjects from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Economics, and Geography depending on their proposed course of study.
Candidates must satisfy the admission criteria of the Department of choice and the University Admissions Committee
ADMISSIONS WILL BE INTO THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS:
- School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT)
- School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET)
- School of Earth and Mineral Sciences (SEMS)
- School of Environmental Technology (SET)
- School of Management Technology (SMT)
- School of Sciences (SOS)
Limited accommodation will be available on first come first served basis.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Candidates are to pay application fee of ten thousand naira (N10,000.00) excluding bank charges on e-transact platform in any bank that is on e-transact platform.
- Candidates are to complete and print the UABS Application Form online after payment by logging on to the Federal University of Technology, Akure’s website www.futa.edu.ng and click on the online UABS Application Form.
- Submit the Online application form and print out a copy.
- The application opens on Monday, 24th September, 2012 and closes on Wednesday, 31st October, 2012.
- The underlisted helplines could be contacted for clarification on issue bordering on the Programme: 08164487268; 07052976224 and 08165661045.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted to www.futa.edu.ng not later than Wednesday, 31st October, 2012.
Centre for Continuing Education,
Federal University of Technology, Akure.